Tuesday, March 22, 2011

A slight obsession...


I have been completely and totally obsessed with Meyer lemons for the last month. I don't know what it is, the endless supply coming from my Grandma's tree or maybe I associate lemons with summer and sunny days and this is my way of bringing some sunshine into my life! I don't know, but it certainly does not help that there is a delicious plethora of lemon based dessert recipes floating around the blog world right now.

It started with this...



Meyer Lemon Sweet Rolls. They called my name, as soon as I saw them I went out and bought the ingredients and I made them the next day. They were so, so good. Too good and the recipe makes 3 dozen of them. I literally had to give them away to avoid eating them all. I drove around delivering sweet rolls to family and friends so they could share in the calories joy of eating them.


Next were these...all I wanted was breakfast for dinner and searched for a new pancake recipe.

What I found were these. Lemon Ricotta Pancakes with Blueberry Sauce. Oh, the lemon-y blueberry-y goodness. I will warn you, you will eat more than you planned on and your whole mouth will look like a blueberry. Don't eat these on a romantic date or anywhere you do not have immediate access to a toothbrush. But, don't worry - they are totally worth it!

While I was on the Two Peas and Their Pod site, I spotted these...

I had all the ingredients, so I decided - why not? Lemon Sugar Cookies. I'll take 'em. They turned out great - light, summery, and sparkly - and not a cookie that I want to eat 10 of. One or two was all I needed to get my sugar craving satisfied. Would be really good with a cup of tea, which I am going to go make right now and have myself a couple...


So, now that I have made you all hungry, I encourage you to go find some fresh Meyer lemons and try out all 3 of these recipes. Just don't try to get them from my Grandma's tree. Those are mine. And I will fight you for them ;)

1 comment:

Carol Maitoza said...

I need to make those pancakes and the lemon um...I forgot what they are called already but the rolls. I know I'm going to love them. Here's my problem. I have way too many cookbooks, hundreds of cut out recipes, scrapbook cook books that I'm making and I follow a few cooking shows. How will I EVER make all of these things??? But I can't stop...I must try it all!!!