Monday, March 14, 2011

Saturday at Pismo Beach

In my absence I forgot to post about our trip down to Pismo Beach last month. Jeremy keeps asking when I am gonna do the post, so here you go darling (now leave me alone - ha ha)...

My parents take an annual trip down to Pismo Beach around this time of year. They stay forever - at least a month. I am pretty sure one day they will give up snow shoveling and move down there. I would move down there in a second if we could. It is beautiful there. We left on Friday night after Jeremy got off work with the hope that Aiden would just sleep through the 5+ hour car ride down, no such luck, he only fell asleep for the last 45 minutes of the trip! We stayed with my Mom and Dad in their 5th wheel, which worked out better than I thought it would. I didn't feel cramped at all, it was fun staying with them. We had names of nearby hotels though, just in case it didn't go well ;)

I think the best way to do this post is to just go day by day. So...

We woke up to a beautiful sunny Saturday and took the short walk to check out the beach (the RV park is right on the beach) and see the ocean. I love the ocean, there is just nothing like it. Then we went to the farmers market in old town Arroyo Grande and had lunch outside on the cute little Main St. There was a swinging bridge to walk across and the whole town was just so sweet with the old buildings and flowers everywhere. I was jealous of the farmers market, not only because it was February and mine doesn't start until May, but also because it had winter vegetables - cauliflower, oranges, broccoli, and lemons. We picked up a big bag of fresh kettle corn and then went onto Main St. for lunch - sourdough burgers, fries and chocolate shakes. Oh yeah. Vacation food.

Citrons, you can make vodka with them ;)
Broccoli and cauliflower
Flowers for sale at the farmers market - for 75 cents
Arroyo Grande Main St.
My yummy burger
Stay tuned - everyday this week there will be a new post on our Pismo Beach adventures!

No comments: