She is doing better now, with rest and lots of medication. It made me really think. I am so not ready to lose her. While I am no longer the person who wants to adopt every stray cat or dog she sees, the thought of losing our little Sophie made me realize just how much she means to me and to our family.
It is easy to take a pet for granted. When you are busy. Or chasing after a high needs 2 year old. Then things like this happen, and you are reminded about how special they really are.
Sophie has been there for me and comforted me in ways that no human being could ever do. She stuck next to me during every failed In Vitro cycle, through loss and through times of worry. She slept next to me every second that I was on bed rest with Aiden (I even made Jeremy bring her to the hospital to visit me). She is my first born child. And I love her so much. She never judges, never gets mad at me for saying something wrong or being in a bad mood. She will will stick by me no matter what. She loves me when I don't love myself.
I know one day she will pass on, and all that I can hope for is that I will be there for her, petting her and giving her kisses. Supporting her in her time of need just like she has supported me in mine. Until then, I will give her every spare moment, give her the little kisses on her cheek she loves, let her sleep on my lap as often as possible and give her booty scratches when she wants them - because they are her favorite.
| She weighed 1 pound when we got her |
| She was the cutest little puppy |
| Her innocent look... |
| A family picture is not complete without her, because she is a big part of our family :) |
I love my little Sophie - with that face, how could you not?
Now go pet your dog/cat/rabbit/fish/whatever and tell them you love them ;)
No comments:
Post a Comment