1. I am ready to plant some flowers and make my backyard pretty again. I am tired of looking out the window and seeing dead plants and dirt. I need to get back there and work on a garden, get a little dirt under my fingernails. So far, all I have to tend to is this little pot of succulents. It needs friends. And warmer temperatures.
2. A certain little boy has taken to standing by the sliding glass door and yelling because he wants to go outside. He loves playing out there. On the days that it is not raining, I take him out there. He ends up playing in the mud, getting seriously dirty and cold. He finds every puddle and splashes in it - no matter how cold or dirty it makes him. He is ready to splash around in his pool again.
| See what the cold wind is doing to his hairdo?!?!? |
3. My peach tree bloomed. Then it froze, it rained, and it has been cold. No bees have been flying around. Which means no one is pollinating the blooms. Which means no peaches this year. The sun needs to come out so that the bees can pollinate the few blooms that remain. Most of them are already on the ground. Not to mention we missed looking at all the beautiful bright pink blooms.
4. These shoes. They are new. They are the cutest shoes I have ever seen. They are cream colored with an aqua polka dot gathered half bow on the front. I can't wear them in the rain, they will get destroyed and no longer be cream colored. I really want to wear them soon. These shoes do not belong in a box in my closet - they belong on my feet! If the sun comes out, these shoes will be on my feet in a matter of moments.
P.S. It is surprisingly difficult to take pictures of your shoes.
5. I am ready for a large margarita. Little drink umbrellas are optional. It's not just margaritas, I am just generally ready for barbecues, homemade ice cream, and frozen drinks of all kinds. I am also ready for sunny days so Aiden, Sophie and I can go for long walks. So I can burn off all of the ice cream and frozen drinks ;) Oh, and I will definitely be trying out that watermelon margarita on the right this summer.
I could go on because there are so many reasons why I am ready for the rain to stop. Don't get me wrong, I'm glad we are not in a drought and summer will be fun at the lake, but it's time for a few sunny days! Plus Project Park is on hold until the weather cooperates!


1 comment:
Amen sister! I have new recipes for pineapple mango rum cocktails, piƱa coladas and key lime mojitos I can't wait to try (they are for my brothers party but I have a feeling that won't be the last time we have them). Plus, I seriously need some exercise!
Post a Comment