Friday, May 27, 2011

Adventure walks

Aiden and I have been going on lots of walks lately, I am commited to taking advantage of the outdoors before the summer heat hits and it's A/C city for us. I stumbled across the idea of adventure walks from this blog and thought it was a great way for Aiden to tire himself out and work up an appetite for dinner. He walks through the neighborhood and I follow, letting him stop and play when he wants to. I try not to tell him no unless he wants to do something dangerous. I love that it gives him a little bit of freedom to decide where to go and explore the world around him "on his own". So far, he prefers to stick close to home and just walk up and down the street. Over and over. And over.
He is so proud that he can walk on the sidewalk all by himself and likes to stop and pick up the occasional rock, leaf or dandelion. He especially loves to stop and jingle the keys on the mailbox. It all makes him feel like such a big boy.



 Every so often he looks back to make sure I am still there. Which of course, I always am. 

No comments: