It's been a rough week. Aiden got his first real illness. He has had a couple really mild colds, but this week the caught THE CROUP. I officially hate THE CROUP. So our house has been full of this...
Multiple breathing treatments and the reappearance of "bubbles the fish" (aka the nebulizer), children's advil, 15 minute steam treatments in the bathroom, letting in the cold air at night, menthol baths and humidifiers on full blast.
And also a lot of this...
Cuddling with Aiden in jammies all day, trying to make him feel better. We have been in and out of bed most of the day, watching all Aiden's TV shows. I feel so bad for him, he coughs so much that he just cries all day - which in turn makes the coughing worse. Luckily, his little lungs have been handling it better than we all feared. Breathing treatments have been a big part of that I am sure. I hate that I can't just make it all better for him and I feel so helpless, even though I am doing everything I can for him.
On a selfish note, I have some serious sleep deprivation going on and I can't even tell you when the last time I got to wash my hair was. Sickness sucks for the kids and the parents. The doctors visits, the worry, being up all night, the constant care - different medicine, trying to get him to eat and drink, etc. etc. Which leads me to another thought that I had this week...
Dear Mom,
I cannot tell you how bad I feel now for all the times I faked being sick to get out of school and made you drop everything to take care of me when there was really nothing wrong. I am especially sorry for the times that I faked it enough for you to take me to the doctor's office. I now know what a huge pain in the ass it is, and I feel really bad for making you go through it when I knew there was really nothing wrong with me. Please accept my apologies, I was a little jerk :-)
Saturday, May 14, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
You are forgiven :) It must have been all those stomach aches before school.....
Post a Comment