Aiden is still doing pretty good. He does have some issues going on with his feedings, he is back up to 11 mls/hour but had to drop down the last couple of days because he was having too much stool, which is another sign of him not tolerating his feedings. He was doing OK with his feedings today and weighed in at 3 lbs. 10 oz. His doctor is a little concerned about his weight gain and would like to see him gaining more at this point. I think it is just hard for the little guy considering his intestine is not working right and I think he will do much better on his feedings after his surgery. The poor guy may also have a hernia going on as well, which they say is pretty common in preemies and not life-threatening. Hopefully, if it is a hernia, they can fix it when he goes in for his intestine surgery in the next few weeks. His oxygen needs haven't changed, he is still on the high flow nasal cannula on about 35-45% oxygen.
I was sick this week and didn't get to go visit him for 3 days - it was torture! I finally got to hold him again yesterday and today. Jeremy was holding him tonight and he was wide awake checking Jeremy out for about 10 minutes. He really gave him the stare down! He loves it when we hold him, which is a good thing because once he is home he is never going to be put down :)
Giving daddy the stare down...
Aiden loves to be held by his daddy!
3 comments:
He is soooo cute!!!! You guys are doing such a good job! I am so proud of all 3 of you and love you guys so much.
Wow, I think he really looks like his cousin Chase in this picture. I can't believe how much he has changed in just two months. I can't wait for him to come home!
OK, This is what's going to happen. We are all going to be out somewhere, and people will think that Chase and Aiden are brothers, and Logan and Tanner are brothers. I think it's really cute that they look alike. I have seen Jeremy in him too though, I think it's just his lower half is Jerm, and upper is Walshaw. I pulled out pictures from when we were babies, and he does look like me in the eyes. Funny thing about that is that Chase looked like you when he was tiny. Genetics... go figure..
Post a Comment