Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Aiden's new baby condo

Little Aiden is moving up in the NICU world. He has been off the CPAP and on the nasal cannula for 4 days now and is still doing good, he tries all day to pull it off his face and sometimes he is successful which results in a little decrease in his oxygen saturation. He was moved into a "big boy" incubator on Saturday night. His new incubator is smaller and allows more light and noise to come in, so it's not as cushy as his old one, but he is getting to the age where he needs to get more used to the world around him. His nurse on Saturday night gave him a good scrub down, combed his hair and put him in his first clothing, a little blue t-shirt. Jeremy and I both said he now looks like a "real" baby - just a miniature verson. He is so adorable.


Aiden's new condo...

He has really taken a liking to his pacifier!

He is now getting 9.5 mls/hour of milk and the nurses are all saying that trying bottlefeeding is coming up soon - maybe at the end of the week. They also say that "recreational" breastfeeding (just to get him practicing, not really to feed him yet) is probably just around the corner as well. Aiden weighed in last night at 3 lbs. 4 oz. I think at around 4 lbs. he will have his second surgery to put his intestine back together - which we are dreading and looking forward to at the same time.

Being held by daddy - look how blonde he is!

He has taken so many steps forward since he has been off the ventilator - it's like he is a different baby. It's hard to believe Aiden turned 8 weeks old on Sunday and I would have been 35 weeks pregnant. I want to stay in the NICU 24 hours a day because I feel like I am missing cute things he does. I can't wait for him to come home. Yesterday I bought him a crib and dresser/changing table. They look like this...

Aiden's condo when he comes home :)

Hopefully he will be home as soon as possible to use it!

3 comments:

Lisa said...

I absolutely LOVE the crib you picked out! So cute! I can't believe how big he is getting. And you are right - SO adorable. I can't wait for him to come home so we can all just sit and look at him.

Anonymous said...

I love following Aiden's progress and check-in every day for updates. Thank you Holly and Jeremy for sharing Aiden's journey. He is so precious! What a beautiful little boy....

Robyn said...

Nana has a request. Will you send me a picture of Aiden with the quilt I made him. I forgot to take a picture before I gave it to you. We are so proud of Aiden. He is one tough little man! Not to mention his awesome parents! We love you guys!