Thursday, December 1, 2011

Preschool


Aiden started pre-school today. This was the best picture I could get, he was very mad that he had to wear shoes ;) Oh well, it captured the moment pretty accurately!

His teacher said he did really well, but in typical Aiden fashion, cried and yelled when he did not want to do something. He is in a developmental preschool class at a local grade school with 3 other little boys. They are pushing me to have him come 5 days a week for 2 1/2 hours, but right now he is going 2 days a week. I went back and forth on whether or not to start him in school. A large reason I did was because he will continue his therapies (speech, OT, PT) during class time and I realized that he really needed the socialization with other kids and to learn things like waiting his turn, sharing, staying in place/line - things I couldn't really teach him at home. We will see how it goes, but he came home happy and in a good mood, so I am hopeful that this will turn out to be a good thing for him, and I have to admit that I enjoyed a couple hours of "me" time. Although, I am still not ready to admit that my baby is growing up :)

Happy first day of school Aiden!

No comments: