Friday, December 2, 2011

Checking things off the list

My Christmas "bucket list" this year is rather full. I am happy to report that I can cross off 5 things! And it's not even December yet!

First up - tree lighting. We braved the cold, wintery night (ha!) in El Dorado Hills and went to see the tree lighting at town center with Chris, Lisa and the twins. We planned it pretty well, got there right before Santa showed up and just in time for the tree lighting. Aiden was fascinated by the lights on the fire truck and thoroughly enjoyed counting down for the tree to light. Afterwards, we went back to Chris and Lisa's house and had turkey enchiladas, spanish rice and champagne (another one on the list...haha)! It was a really nice evening, and the kids all seemed to enjoy the night out, and by that I mean they didn't scream or cry, so I am assuming they liked it ;) Once again, please excuse the bad iphone pics and the pic of me and Addison where I look just plain crazy...oh well. Memories.


 






Second thing to cross off the list - Aiden in his Christmas jammies...those suckers went on Thanksgiving night. And stayed on all day the day after thanksgiving ;) This year we have 2 sets, sock monkeys in Santa hats and monsters with candy canes - LOVE them!

Item #3 - Starbucks drinks in red cups. Aiden and I made a morning starbucks run to get an eggnog latte and pumpkin scone...oh what a way to wake up!

Item #4 & #5 - Decorating my house and getting Aiden a 2011 hallmark ornament. Done and done. We are so ahead of the game this year, the outside decorating is done and the inside is done, minus the tree - which will be added in a couple days. I will post the inside decorations after the tree is up. We got Aiden's ornament last weekend - of course, it's a train!


More to come - I WILL complete my Christmas bucket list this year! And then some ;)

1 comment:

Lisa said...

We've had so much fun so far and the kids are actully into stuff this year. They can't stop staring at our tree :) Can't wait for Santa to come for a visit on Friday! Oh, and of course to enjoy some more champagne :)