Sunday, December 11, 2011

#6 Tree Hunt 2011

I can cross off another thing on my Xmas to do list, that makes #6! The annual Walshaw-Ellsworth tree hunt was last Saturday, it was fun as usual - although notably absent were Adam, Dave and Kevin. And Sophie, she stayed at home this year, too. We were also plus one since the last couple years with the birth of Lucas - Gerad and Beth's new bundle of joy. The kiddos are still completely lopsided with only 1 girl to 6 boys :)

We gathered at my parent's place in the late morning and headed out to find ourselves the perfect trees - with a tree farm next door it isn't a long walk. We did take more of a hike this year than normal, as this was the first year that it wasn't snowing or had snow on the ground making us pick out trees a little closer to the house. Papa John piled all the kids in the tractor on the way there as usual,  and piled all the trees in on the way back. We all ended up with beautiful trees, I always consider my tree to be perfect when it does not contain any large spiders or small animals.

After the hunt was over we all went inside into the warm house and had lunch - chili, mini meatball sliders, salads, drinks and a killer dessert (I've said it before and I will say it again, I love pinterest)! The best part of the day is always the fact that we get to hang out with close family friends and just socialize and catch up. It's awesome to think that I was tree hunting as a kid with the same family that Aiden tree hunts with now - with a lot of additions! I love holiday traditions! Same time next year? Hmmm...I wonder if I used that line last year? Or the year before?

Most of the kiddos - missing are Jackson, Lucas and Aiden (the younger crew!)

 Another new addition this year - Roxie, Sara's one and only girl!

Ellsworths :)

Kids piled into Papa John's tractor - Aiden is still a little scared to climb in with them

No luck with a Christmas card photo this year :(

Aiden just wanted to take a hike through the woods and kept wanting to get down

Logan cut the Ito tree this year since his dad was out on fires and couldn't do the tree cutting duties

Hauling the trees back to the house

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

So cute!!! I love that you do this. :)