Sunday, June 26, 2011

Saturday Night

Saturday night with a toddler is different than Saturday nights used to be. Jeremy and I haven't had a date night since our anniversary. 2 years ago. Last night we got as close as we can. I call it date night with Aiden.

We had a lovely dinner. At home, made by me, since Aiden + restaurant = nightmare for mom.

Then we went to the batting cages for an hour or so. Jeremy got to hit some balls. Aiden watched and played with a little ball of his own, I think at this point he prefers playing soccer to baseball. Even I hit a couple rounds of balls.

Wait, let me rephrase that, I swung at a couple rounds of balls.

Please excuse the bad photos - they were taken with my phone. FYI, now that I know more about photography, the iPhone uses some really odd settings for taking pictures.



After we were sufficiently tired from chasing Aiden around the sports complex, we went out for ice cream. Cold Stone now has Sinless cheesecake and cake batter flavors.

Yum. 

A tough choice, but I went with my fav - cheesecake with raspberries and graham cracker crumbs. Jeremy went for his usual, chocolate with a brownie and chocolate syrup.




Guess which one Aiden ate?  Of course it was his daddy's chocolate - do you really think I would ever feed Aiden LIGHT ice cream?!?! Ha. Actually, given Aiden's eating habits, we were beyond thrilled to see him eat something cold. With a spoon. By himself. Oh how I wish it was always that easy.

After ice cream we watched a movie on the couch and enjoyed a couple adult beverages. Which since once again, Saturday nights are not like they used to be, just leads to sleep. 

Ahhhh, a nice family night :)

2 comments:

Sara said...

I got it! Why don't I come down and kick it with Aiden one night, so that YOU and MC LOVIN can go out to dinner?? You finally gonna get your drink on.. chicka chicka yeaaaaa...

Kimberly said...

Looks like fun!!! Where is Jeremy's helmet? :)