Like how he grabs onto my legs and pushes me away from the kitchen when I am cooking because he wants me to play with him.
Like how he wraps his whole body around my arm to fall asleep and how he has to be touching one of us at all times during the night or he wakes up and moves closer.
Like the persistence in which he points to objects in his books wanting us to name them. And how mad he gets when you don't pay attention to what he is pointing at.
And how even when he is busy watching his show on TV, he still doesn't let me to get anything done. He grabs me, directs me to sit down on the ground and then climbs into my lap and finishes watching his show.
Or how when all the other kids are listening quietly to a story at My Gym, Aiden runs away, happily screaming (disturbing the whole story time) and gives me a huge hug and then falls into my lap in laughter.
Like how he doesn't want me to put him down. Ever. How he would be perfectly content staying on my hip all day. And how he pulls on my hair or hangs onto my shirt for dear life when I try to put him down.
How he wakes us up every morning by pointing to our nose, than his; our ear, then his. Or wakes us up in the middle of the night by singing "keep trying" or "twinkle twinkle" as loud as he can.
Because one day, he is going to grow up. One day he is going to want to play with his friends and not with me. One day he will refuse to hug me in public. One day, not only will he sleep in his own bed, but he will sleep in his own house with his own family.
So, today I made a little vow. All these little things that can some times get in the way of our busy lives, will never go unappreciated again. I am going to play with him instead of cook dinner, I am going to let him sit on my lap anytime he wants to - everything else can wait. There is nothing more important than his childhood and there is nothing more important than making each and every moment we share count.
Oh yes, and I also vow to take more pictures of those "unimportant" everyday things. Like Aiden eating cheerios ;)
P.S. The title of this post is from a toast in a movie, what movie is it?






4 comments:
Quoting "Titanic" are we ??
Love the pictures and the sentiment. I've been thinking the same thing lately. They grow up way too fast.
Very beautiful words and pictures.
Our house is proof we live life with our children like this. Dishes piled in the sink, laundry piles, and hidden carpet in the playroom...I can clean when they are grown. Cherish every single second.
Post a Comment