Saturday, June 11, 2011

I'm dreaming of...

This.

Rolling hills, peace and quiet, and simple living.

I have this urge to move. I know it is not a good time to be selling a house, I know that it would be a pain in the booty and probably cost us a lot of money, but lately, I just can't get stop thinking about a house with space, with our own land, with the 3 P's - less PAVEMENT, fewer PEOPLE and a bit of PROPERTY!

I can't help this feeling of wanting Aiden to grow up more like I did. In the country, looking for lady bugs in a meadow, exploring the creek and the woods, having a pony. Not being yelled at for going on the neighbors yard that is 2 feet from our house and only being able to play at a park. I don't want him being constantly corralled into a small space. I want Aiden to be able to explore more than just the empty lots across the street.

I don't want him growing up concerned about the kind of car his parents drive, or how big his house is. I don't want him trying to compete with the kids in this town. I want him to live farther away from fast food restaurants and warehouse stores. I want him to have less stress, less competition, less worry. I want him to have a simpler life.

I want it for myself, too. I want to be able to let Aiden play in the front yard without worrying about getting hit by a car or falling in a certain storm drain. I want to be able to open up my blinds and not see into the neighbor's house. I want to look at something other than a street and a fence. I want more than a stucco box with little boxes inside of it. I want my nephews to come over and run around more than just my 20 foot lawn. I want to be able to have a big garden and a chicken if I want to!

I am not looking for perfect. I am looking for a place with a lot of room to roam, a house with a little charm that has good space, a big deck for family get togethers and good major stuff (like roof, plumbing, lights, etc.) that just needs a little paint and some creativity that we can make "ours" over time. I am looking for a place for my child to grow up and feel at home.

Now if only I can convince my husband...

Oh, and I don't really want a chicken...or a pony ;)

No comments: