Saturday, April 16, 2011

Chocolate Peanut Butter Chip Cookies

Am I the only one who thinks there are no calories in cookie dough?

Seriously, the calories aren't there until they cook, right?


Here is a recipe for some good cookies that I made by accident, because I didn't have the ingredients for the real recipe...

2 1/2 cups softened butter
2 cups sugar
2 eggs
2 tsp. vanilla extract
5 oz. unsweetened chocolate bar, melted in the microwave
2 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1/2 tsp. salt
1 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
1 cup peanut butter chips

Beat butter and sugar until light and fluffy. Add vanilla, stir to mix. Add eggs one at a time and mix well. Pour the melted chocolate into the mix and beat yet again. Electric mixers are awesome, aren't they? Add in flour 1 cup at a time, and if using said electric mixer, for goodness sakes, turn the speed to low so that you don't do what I always do and get flour everywhere. Mix the baking soda and salt into the last 1/2 cup of flour and mix into the dough. Once the flour is all nice and mixed you can pour in those chips and stir em' in. Now eat some of the dough, you know you want to. I think that whole salmonella from raw cookie dough thing is just a rumor.

Take the rest of the dough that you didn't eat and drop it by large tablespoon fulls onto a non stick or lined cookie sheet and bake at 350 degrees for 10-12 minutes, depending on your oven and the size you made your cookies. Cool on rack or paper towels, but eat the most while they are hot...because they are good like that.

Oh, and if you eat them with lowfat milk you can consider this health food :)

1 comment:

lnicolls said...

Mmmmmmm. I want some!