Monday, November 1, 2010

Halloween couldn't BEE anymore fun!

Halloween is my favorite holiday. The costumes, the kids, the candy. It is just a fun, laid back holiday. This year we had a bee, a lion and a bunny to take care of. We had a fun Halloween, and they will only get more fun as the kids get older.

Lisa and I got together Saturday night to decorate pumpkins. We decided to take it a little easy this year and glittered most of them and the carved pumpkins Lisa called "throwback" - which was a nice way of saying we didn't have the energy for the detailed fancy carving that we used to do! They all turned out really cute though, and we had a fun time doing it - talking, laughing, eating dum dums and having some wine.

Lisa spent most of the pumpkin adventure with a little baby girl strapped to her and Aiden got glitter ALL over him, the table, the kitchen floor. Good times. 
 

On Sunday we ate Halloween themed food and drinks...

"Blood-tini's" - also known as a pomegranate martini
Spiders nest enchiladas with "webamole" and maggot rice
Spider web cheesecake deliciousness
We decorated the front door...even Chris got into it by setting up a black light and getting some spooky music to play for all the trick or treaters!

 
And then of course we dressed up the kiddos and spent the rest of the night trying to get over how freakin' adorable they looked in their costumes and wondering how our kids got so darn cute. Seriously, I would dress Aiden up in the bee costume EVERYDAY if I could!

The Bee, Jeremy, Bat-mom, the Witch, the Lion, Chris and the Bunny
I was shocked that he actually kept the antennae headband on!
Seriously, his little bee butt was just so adorable!
Chris, Lisa and the dynamic duo!
The night was not complete until Lisa and I took the kids out trick or treating. Not really, we went out for a walk around the block to check out the kids in costume and decorated houses!

Lisa with all the kiddos!
Aiden and Ryan all dressed up to take a walk around the neighborhood

So, that's it! Hope everyone had a wonderful Halloween night!

My baby bee
OK...really, now that is - I just needed to put in one more ;)

No comments: