Unfortunately I wasn't able to be there however the nurse took a couple of pictures.
The plan was to allow him to be held for 15 minutes, but he tolerated it so well they let Holly hold him for 1/2 hour.
Needless to say, Aiden was having a good day :)

If you look closely at the 2nd picture you can see Aiden has his eyes open. Holly said that everytime Holly started to talk to the nurse he would look up at her.
Today Aiden was switched BACK to the Galileo ventilator that allows him to exercise his lungs.
We assumed he would be on the oscillating ventilator a bit longer since he switched back to it only a couple days ago.
This evening on our visit Aiden's stats looked good. When they turned him to a different position his C02 started to climb. Because of that the RT said it was possible he would put him back on the oscillating ventilator.
Holly read Aiden "Goodnight Moon" again. Tonight Aiden kept opening both his eyes every couple of seconds as Holly read.

He looked pretty cozy and ready to sleep so we told him we loved him and that we would see him tomorrow.
4 comments:
I'm so thrilled that Holly was able to hold her son Aiden. I hope he continues to gain weight and soon breath on his own. Know that Aiden and you both are in my daily prayers. I will show Aiden's great grandpa the pictures. Love and kisses to you all!
Awwwww. This post made me cry. I am SO happy Holly finally got to hold him. I hope Jeremy gets to experience this very soon. What a great birthday present.
Wow. Jeremy and Holly, thank you so much for keeping this blog. Everytime I get to read an update I am reading it with tears in my eyes. They are tears of happiness. The pictures of Holly holding Aiden are so sweet. I am so happy that he is doing so well. Aiden is a lucky boy...he has a huge family that loves him.
Wow, what a birthday gift!!! So happy for you Holly. We send our love to you all!
Post a Comment