Friday, December 19, 2008

Santa Claus visits the NICU, too!

This morning Santa and Mrs. Claus came to visit all the babies in the NICU. The nurses got the babies all decked out in Christmas hats and blankets and took their pictures with Santa. Santa left all the babies filled stockings and hats also - it was so cute!

Aiden and I with Santa and Mrs. Claus

Consider this one our Christmas card this year!


With Aiden not being home and with all the ups and downs of life in the NICU it's hard to remember that this is his first Christmas. After my visit today I went out and bought him some Christmas presents and we plan on making sure his first Christmas is special for him and us, too!

I just had to buy this preemie shirt for Aiden for Christmas - too cute!

Other than that, Aiden is doing well today. He is being weened off one of his medications and it is affecting his breathing a little, nothing too bad, just something to watch. He weighed in last night at 2 lbs. 3 oz. so all the milk he is getting is starting to do the trick, several of the nurses that were gone for a few days have commented that he looks bigger and different - one said she is starting to see some little chubby cheeks :) Today he was wide awake for about 10 minutes just hanging out and looking around, I had never seen his eyes wide open like that before - another sign that he is getting older and bigger!

-Holly

P.S. Aiden wanted me to make sure and say Happy Birthday to his Aunt Sara :)


3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Merry 1st Christmas Aiden! I am so glad he is gaining weight so well, thanks to that good mama's milk! It is great to see all the pics and I love seeing all three of you together. What a cute little bundle of Christmas joy with his little blanket. You guys are doing awesome! He is just a little miracle :)
Love ya,
Marni

Sara said...

LOVE that onesie!!! And, that hat he is wearing! Cute Cute Cute!


Thanks for the bday wishes little Aiden!

Sara said...

PS - I am already looking back at his pics and thinking the same thing that the nurse told you..