Sunday, December 14, 2008

Aiden's 3 weeks old today

...or if you go by his gestational age he is 30 weeks.

Fortunately I don't have much to report.

Aiden has continued to do well on the conventional ventilator.

We get a daily phone call from the NICU doctors to give us Aiden's status. There is one doctor in particular who has NEVER sugar coated anything for us and seemed to always give us a gloomy outlook & worst case scenarios. This morning that doctor surprised us and actually said "Aiden is doing quite well".



Aiden is being fed more milk everyday. The idea is to get him off the IV nutrition(TPN) as quickly as possible. He gets a little more active everyday and is opening his eyes more and more. The nurse's tend to sedate him when he gets too active though since they don't want him "fighting" the machines or exerting too much energy. His swelling has gone down considerably which made him lose a couple ounces of body weight. Tonight he weighed 1 lb 14 oz.



2 comments:

Sara said...

Awww... sweetie, Auntie Sara is so proud of you! I love him!! I love you too Jeremy, it's ok, you don't need to cry or feel left out! I am so glad to hear he is doing good and that Dr Doom said that!!! It was a hard day when I went down there, and I left feeling sad, so it's so good to see these pics of him. He looks so good! I posted a pic of Holly holding his hand on my blog today too..

rachel said...

I am so glad to hear he is doing well. The boys are very excited that they have a new cousin, and we can't wait to meet him. I love seeing the picures of Aiden he is very lucky to have great parents. Good luck with the upcoming week.
Love, Rachel