Saturday, December 27, 2008

Doing better...

Aiden is recovering from his infection, so far they have ruled out any major infections like sepsis or menengitis. They think he may have had a little pneumonia, but not that bad since aside from his oxygen saturation he was acting normal - even more active and awake actually. He is still back on the oscillating ventilator which they moved him back to from the conventional ventilator on christmas eve - which is a step back but it is what he needs right now to get better. The only bad part is that when he is on that ventilator we can't hold him...I think he misses being held, too :( We are hoping he recovers quickly and can be weened off the ventilators soon - we really want to know what the lower half of his face looks like without the tape covering it up!


We snapped this picture last night when he was checking everything out...

Last night Heather got to be his nurse, we will make sure to tell Aiden when he is older that she poked him in the foot to do a blood sugar test and got to change his ostomy bag - I'm sure he will love that! She weighed him and he is up to 2 lbs. 7 oz. now and they are increasing the calories in his milk today (they add a fortifier to my milk). So, he is doing good on his feedings - which is a good sign!
- Holly

P.S. I wanted to include this picture of Aiden's first christmas tree - my dad really wanted us to have a tree this year and brought over a little live tree. Although Aiden didn't get to see it this year I put all of his presents under it anyway and we will put it in his room every year!

Aiden's first christmas tree

2 comments:

Sara said...

I'm so glad that Heather got to be his nurse for a night! And that he is doing better! He is a tough little guy! Dave works three days and then is on vacation for the next couple of weeks. Maybe i'll call you and we can hook up one day while Jeremy has to work or something. I have Aidens Christmas present that I want to give you and you and Jerms is finally done too.

Tamara said...

So glad to hear he is doing better. Hope you got the gift we left on the doorstep for Aiden Christmas night. Not sure if you guys were home or not as I just rang the bell and left it. Didn't want to bother you at all, but wanted to drop it off. Hope he enjoys the story! Much love from the Morales Crew!!!