Wednesday, December 17, 2008

Finally...my chance to hold my boy

I got to hold Aiden for the 1st time today.
I was a little nervous about holding him.
I knew he was a little guy but actually holding him really is a different perspective.
He looks so fragile that I'm afraid that I may accidently hurt him.
He settled into my arms OK and would occasionally open his eyes when I would talk.

I held him for about 45 minutes :)

Today was our early day since I have to go to work tomorrow so we weren't there for his daily weigh in. He is on a continuous feed now which is 2ml per hour.

Even though we had to go home at 6pm, Holly still read Aiden his bed time story.

2 comments:

Sara said...

YEAH! I am so glad you held him Jeremy! I was thinking (but would not say it out loud till now) that mommy should hand him over to you sometime!!

Is that the book I got him that she is reading?

I love how my MIL is a 'follower' of your blog, but not mine... WHAT THE?? I'm going to give her a hard time about that one.

Anonymous said...

I just wanted you kids to know that Aiden has become our family's Christmas miracle too! Even my big strapping boys ask me daily about his progress. I'm so happy that you both have gotten to hold him now.I am looking forward to seeing more amazing pictures of your new family. Please know that you all are in our thoughts and prayers this holiday season....Peg