Tuesday, August 16, 2011

Words



These videos are actually from a couple months ago, but I kept forgetting to post them. These were Aiden's first words/sounds :) He is talking up a storm now, but mostly just making the sound of the words, using vowels appropriately but only using consonants in the middle and end of words.

Here is the whole list of words he says spontaneously. He will actually repeat ANYTHING you say. Including some choice words of his Mothers, luckily he doesn't use consonants at the beginning of words yet, so we will just say he said "oh it" the other day while I was putting stuff in the car and almost dropped a plate of cookies for Aiden's cousins party ;)

Man, I should be writing this in his baby book!

Names - Mama, Daddy, Sophie/Sophia, Nana, Papa, Logan, Tanner, Chase, All the Yo Gabba Gabba characters, Elmo
Around the house - Night-Night, Uh Oh, Outside, Inside, TV, House, Window, Light, Lamp, Go, Car, Vroom Vroom, Wee, Swing, Slide, Grass, Tree, Leaf, Flower, Bubble, Cloud, The end, Bed, Ball, Let's go Giants, Hello, Hi, Computer, Picture, All right, Here we go, Square, Triangle, Guitar, Drum, Trumpet
Foods - Eat, Cup, Ice Cream, Cookie, Milk
Body parts - Eye, Ear, Toes, Teeth, Head, Belly
Animals - Bunny, Kitty, Meow, Doggy, Woof Woof, Zebra, Lion, Elephant, Cow, Moo, Horse, Piggy, Sheep, Baa, Birdy, Tweet Tweet, Butterfly, Ladybug, Fish, Turtle, Seahorse, Crab, Whale, Dolphin
Colors - Yellow, Red, Green

He counts from 1-10 and can sing the ABC's but doesn't really fully pronounce each letter - when he sees letters he tries to spell out what it says - but only says A, E, I, E over and over again ;)

He sings constantly, literally he knows every song that he hears, it is actually amazing. One minute he is singing "twinkle twinkle little star" or "Itsy bitsy spider" then he sings something from Yo Gabba Gabba (current fave is "Were going on a boat trip"), then he will switch to Mozart. I really think music helps him learn and keep calm. It really does wonders!

As you can tell, I am super proud of him. Speech was something I was very worried about since the damaged portion from the bleed in Aiden's brain (aka Intraventricular Hemorrhage or IVH) that he was diagnosed with in the NICU was closest to the portion of the brain where speech is typically located. But, just like everything else, with a little help from us and a little time Aiden is accomplishing everything we were told he might not do!

No comments: