Monday, August 8, 2011

Little Moments

Yes, I have been on a blog hiatus of sorts. I have so many posts to do, so little time. Been a little stressed out lately. Anyway, Jeremy and I went on our first overnight getaway without Mr. A to celebrate our anniversary this week (more on that later). We came home yesterday evening, saying things on the car ride home like "I miss Aiden" and "we get to see Aiden in a few minutes".

Last night, after dinner and bath time, we laid in bed watching a baby lullaby show. Aiden was cuddly and sweet - happy to see us, happy to be in his favorite place - in bed between mom and dad. It hit me that THIS was the best part of our little trip. Don't get me wrong, I had a great time and it was wonderful to get a full nights sleep and I really enjoyed having no responsibility for over 24 hours. But, when it comes down to it, the trips and the birthday parties and all the fun activities are not the important things in life - THIS is. The little moments that happen that aren't planned, that aren't "a big deal".

Sitting with Aiden, listening to him talk and point things out on the TV (oh goodness, does my heart melt when he says the word yellow - that's right not Mama, but yellow!), giving him arm scratchies and playing with his soft little hair, while he smiles and sings to the music is the best way to spend an evening. These are the moments that really make memories and really make families. These are the moments that form the strongest bonds between parents and children. These are the little moments that I don't want to forget...


 

(so yes, I grabbed my phone and snapped a few poor quality pictures, but to me, they are perfect)

No comments: