Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Santa Claus Came to Town!

One week in December Santa gets loaded up on his sleigh with Mrs. Claus and some helpers (Folsom police and fire departments) and they tour a different area of Folsom every night giving out candy canes and collecting canned food and toys for needy families. I love that they do this, because I remember when I was a little girl, Santa and the El Dorado Hills fire department (My Dad!) used to tour my Grandma's neighborhood and we would go to her house for chicken and noodles and wait for Santa to come around.

For some reason, we miss the Santa tour in our neighborhood every year. This year, Lisa and I were determined NOT to miss Santa. We want our kids to have memories of hearing all the police sirens from around the corner letting everyone know that Santa was there for a quick pre-Christmas visit. So we gathered at her place on a foggy Saturday night and waited patiently for Santa to come around the corner.

We almost missed it, we waited outside for a little while and then, deciding that the sirens were still pretty far away, went back inside. We kept checking to see if we could hear then and all the sudden Lisa said she thought they were getting close, so I ran to the corner and sure enough, Santa was there. So we had to do a mad dash outside with the kids to catch him.

But, we caught him, TWICE! 

The boys waiting for Santa...
And the girls waiting for Santa!

We walked around the neighborhood, checking out the lights - this house was Disney themed
The daddy's drank beers. On the street corner.
I'm afraid in 15 years, these 2 will be doing the same thing as their daddy's were ;)
Here comes Santa Claus and all the fire trucks!
Santa came with his reindeer (Rudolf...on a foggy eve!) and Mrs. Claus, too.
Aiden and Jeremy
Aiden was fascinated - but NOT a fan of the sirens.
Momma Lisa and her little babes
The twins got to meet Santa - look at Ryan staring at him!
After Santa made his way on to another street, we went inside to eat and TRY to get the kids to sleep. We had crab with butter, french bread and salad for dinner. I love crab season. So good.

And Jeremy fell asleep on the couch. Party pooper. In his defense, he was the only one that worked that day. We had a fun evening. Can't wait to do it again next year!

mmmmm...
The beer must have gotten to Jeremy - he was so tired he didn't notice all the toys I put on him!

1 comment:

Robyn said...

Great pics Holly! Looks like fun :)