I love the rain today. But, we are trapped inside. Daddy took the car today because the battery is dead in the "work" car (note to self, we could never be a one car family!) - so we
really are trapped.
 |
| The rain falling on our back patio |
The afternoon started with a nap - Aiden snagged the best corner in the whole house and slept quite happily there for 2 hours. I dozed next to him and caught up on my Real Housewives of Atlanta, DC, Beverly Hills...
 |
| Jeremy and I fight over this spot on the couch - it is soooo comfy! |
Then we ate lunch and Aiden got to take a nice warm bubble bath. I would say it was relaxing, but the kid loves to play "splish splash" and basically splashes all the water out of the bathtub by the time he is done ;)
After he gets out of the tub he gets wrapped up in his shark towel and we play "baby shark". Baby shark entails me holding Aiden and running around the house doing the Jaws theme song (you know, duh duh...duh duh duh duh) and then showing him his reflection in the mirror and he screams "AH!"
 |
| My attempt at getting both of us in the picture... |
I promptly dressed him back in pajamas - because on a day like today it is always appropriate to be a jammie day - no need at all to get dressed in real clothes! We watched some Baby Einstein and I painted my toenails "Wicked" for Halloween.
Aiden decided he wanted to check out what was going on outside, so I opened the door for him so he could get a closer look at the rain, I didn't expect him to try to crawl out there - but he did.
 |
| He is thinking about it... |
 |
| He wants out! |
 |
| He's making a break for it! |
I had to corral him back inside, where we lit the best smelling candle ever, snuggled up to read a few books on the couch and started cooking dinner from the comfort food bible also known as "The Pioneer Woman Cooks", because carbs and butter also seem totally appropriate on a day like today!
1 comment:
I needed to be down there today. Nice jammies btw. I am wearing mine right now. LOL. Cute pics
Post a Comment