Today is the first day of October. It is Fall. I don't care if it is 90something degrees outside, inside my house the leaves are falling (literally) and it smells like pumpkin spice bread. Little pumpkins have found their place in little spots all over my house and my fall wreath hangs on the front door. I love this time of year!
Since we don't have trees that have leaves that change color in the fall, I threaded some faux leaves on some thread and hung them up by the front door - every time the door opens, they move and look like they are falling. I made a little "Boo!" pumpkin banner out of glittery orange paper and glow in the dark letters, and added a glittery black crow to my fall wreath this year :)
In the kitchen there are different types of cool looking winter squash on the table, waiting to be turned into Aiden's dinners.
And I made an awesome loaf of pumpkin cream cheese swirl bread. It is the best pumpkin bread I have ever had. Hands down. I am going to post the recipe on my tinycuisine blog a little later. You MUST try it.
Aiden's book collection is full of Halloween books, including my favorite "Goodnight Goon" - a parody of "Goodnight Moon", which I read to Aiden in the hospital.
I have been busy making Halloween decorations for the outside - I will post them later, once they are up. And Aiden's costume came in the mail yesterday. Halloween is my favorite holiday - can you tell? I just think it is fun and makes me feel like a kid again!
The changing of the seasons always makes me happy, now if only the darn weather would cooperate :)
Friday, October 1, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I can attest to the yummy goodness of that bread! It was the best!
Waiting for the recipe Holly :)
Post a Comment