Since it was earth day Aiden and I went down to Home Depot and picked out some plants to add to our backyard. We looked around a bit and I decided to get some berry bushes. Since Aiden has been so into berries lately, I think that it would be really cool to be able to make his food with home grown berries. We got blueberry, raspberry and strawberry plants.

After we got home I put Aiden in his little car and we went outside to plant. He just hung out in the car while I planted. Aiden loves the outdoors - every time I tried to go back inside he started screaming! So we stayed out for a couple hours just wandering around checking things out. I blew bubbles for him and drove him around the patio. He grabbed at all the plants and laughed. Notice his cute little earth day shirt - it is a little earth with all the different seasons on it ;)

Sophie joined us outside and found a tennis ball in the yard...it must belong to the kids next door. She ran around the yard hiding from me, because she knows she is not allowed to have tennis balls, she gets crazy with them....just ask Chris and Lisa's couch. Seriously, look at the crazy look on her face!

We put the bird food into the "trunk" of his car and drove over and filled up the bird feeder.

Aiden helped by sprinkling bird food on the ground :)

So that's it, that was our little way of celebrating earth day. Spending an afternoon outside planting and feeding the little wild birds. And I was so happy to have a day without rain!
By the way, I keep trying to get a picture that shows off Aiden's new teeth - but he keeps hiding them from me...this picture shows one! 2 teeth popped through at the same time about 3 weeks ago, his first teeth were his little sharp ones on the sides. Yep, he has little vampire teeth. He is taking the whole "Twilight" trend a little too seriously if you ask me, and apparently, he is on "Team Edward" ;)

Happy Earth Day!
After we got home I put Aiden in his little car and we went outside to plant. He just hung out in the car while I planted. Aiden loves the outdoors - every time I tried to go back inside he started screaming! So we stayed out for a couple hours just wandering around checking things out. I blew bubbles for him and drove him around the patio. He grabbed at all the plants and laughed. Notice his cute little earth day shirt - it is a little earth with all the different seasons on it ;)
Sophie joined us outside and found a tennis ball in the yard...it must belong to the kids next door. She ran around the yard hiding from me, because she knows she is not allowed to have tennis balls, she gets crazy with them....just ask Chris and Lisa's couch. Seriously, look at the crazy look on her face!
We put the bird food into the "trunk" of his car and drove over and filled up the bird feeder.
Aiden helped by sprinkling bird food on the ground :)
So that's it, that was our little way of celebrating earth day. Spending an afternoon outside planting and feeding the little wild birds. And I was so happy to have a day without rain!
By the way, I keep trying to get a picture that shows off Aiden's new teeth - but he keeps hiding them from me...this picture shows one! 2 teeth popped through at the same time about 3 weeks ago, his first teeth were his little sharp ones on the sides. Yep, he has little vampire teeth. He is taking the whole "Twilight" trend a little too seriously if you ask me, and apparently, he is on "Team Edward" ;)

Happy Earth Day!
2 comments:
I love that Aiden has vampire teeth, especially since you read the Twilight series while pregnant with him. Can't wait to the see the new additions to your backyard! And YES, I definitely recognize the "CRAZY" in Sophie's eyes :)
What a cute post Holly! Aiden does love the outdoors!
Post a Comment