We went in for a cast check and x-ray yesterday. Everything is in place and looks good! Woo Hoo! We will go in March 23rd to get it removed and they will see at that point if his hip is stable enough or if he needs another 4-6 weeks of casting or a brace.
We have the diapering down! Well, for the most part. I was all happy, bragging that we had our first poopy diaper and everything stayed in place, nothing got on the cast, this will be easy! And then...BIGGEST. POOP. EVER. Got all over the place, took 20 minutes and half a pack of baby wipes to clean. The expensive, no chemical, non-damaging to the gortex liner of the cast baby wipes. Agh. But, I am happy to say, I got it all and Aiden is not a smelly kid. Yet.
Sleeping (or lack thereof) is still a work in progress. He wakes up every 1 - 2 hours because he can't roll over - he was a tummy/side sleeper before the cast and now he can't be. Mostly he ends up in bed with us. It is really comfortable to cuddle up next to a hard cast all night ;) Luckily, Nana Robyn stayed with us for a couple days and let this tired momma sleep in! Poor daddy had to get up and go to work :(
Right now, there is alot of Baby Einstein watching and baby holding going on in our house. He can't sit upright to play with his toys. He has taken to playing with our noses, mouths, ears and hair instead. Can't wait to get his special spica chair so he can play again. The nice weather this week has made it so we can go on walks which give him (and us) a nice change of scenery. We even played outdoors for an hour or so one day.
Here are some pics. Seriously, I was not trying to take a bunch of pictures of myself (I would have done my hair and put on some makeup for that!). I was just trying to get pics of Aiden while I was holding him, since I can't exactly set him down outside :)
1 comment:
So glad to hear that the x-ray went well! Yay! I'll cross my fingers that more good news is yet to come.
Post a Comment