Thursday, February 25, 2010

Spica Chair!


It's here.


By far the most anticipated thing I have ever ordered online.

Thank you IvyRose Spica chairs for being the only place that makes these, thank you FedEx for the 8:30am delivery. Even though I am exhausted after being up every hour last night with the boy, today is the BEST day!

The chair is built with a specially shaped seat that allows babies in spica casts to sit upright - which can't be done with any type of regular chair. It has a tabletop on it so that he can play with his toys and eat.

It was handmade by a mom of 2 "hip" kids that were in spica casts. You can't buy chairs for kids in a spica cast anywhere else and I am so glad that she sells these! I custom ordered this one and worked with her to come up with the car/truck theme. I LOVE it! It is so cute!

She put so much thought into all the details on it to make it all his!

Now he can watch "old MacDonald" sitting up again!

The other side of the tabletop is a chalkboard, this was written on it when it arrived...

A happy boy getting to play with his toys again!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That is awesome Holly! SO glad Aiden can enjoy himself again. What a great idea. Praying for a speedy recovery and only one session with the cast. :)

Anonymous said...

Love it!!!! He looks happy again!

Lisa said...

OMG, that thing is just the cutest! I had no idea it was going to be all decorated. Two weeks down! You guys are doing great.