Monday, August 24, 2009

9 Months Old

Aiden turned 9 months old yesterday (5 months and 3 weeks corrected), so we celebrated by giving him his first real food. We decided to skip the whole rice cereal thing - I read alot about rice cereal being a filler food without alot of taste and not alot of nutritional value. So, Aiden's first food was home-made organic sweet potatoes - packed with nutrients and just sweet enough to get him interested in food. He LOVED them! He ate every bit that was in the bowl - about 2 tablespoons (this was after taking his full bottle first).



Messy Face!

Aiden wasn't so sure about the spoon, so I used my finger - a texture he is familiar with since he loves trying to put my hands in his mouth! We tried the spoon again tonight and he did much better :)


Me making his sweet potatoes using my babycook - it is a great little gadget, steams and purees super smoothly, I LOVE it!


Yup, this is what it is going to be like feeding Aiden :)
Please note: there is no oxygen tube on his face!

In addition to his first food, he also finally got down how to roll over from his back to his tummy. He had been trying for the last few weeks and getting so mad when he couldn't get all the way over - he would just start screaming. Well, last night he finally figured out and now he rolls over everytime we put him on the floor :) We are so proud of his latest milestones.

Last weigh in was Friday and he was 12 lbs. 3 oz. We have been able to take him off oxygen for a few hours during the day and his oxygen saturation stays between 95-100%, but once he falls asleep it drops down into the high 80's and we put him back on the oxygen. He is getting closer to coming off it everyday! I can't believe he is already 9 months old!


Lounging in the chair, watching some TV...



I think he is giving me attitude in this picture :)

3 comments:

Sara said...

Your dog puts her tongue in his mouth, but you won't allow my children to touch him?!!?!? You got issues....

I'm glad to see that he's eating! Sweet potatoes too, yummy!

I love that last pic, and his shirt. Too cute! I love your shirt too, tried it on, really really wanted it, but it didn't look good. Something in the upper area of my body stuck out like "hello, i'm here, look at me" So I put it back.

Tamara said...

Mmmm...sweet potatoes. Glad he liked them. A lot of babies first spoon is a finger, so keep doing that if it is what he prefers and gets him to eat. Congrats on the milestones baby Aiden!

Anonymous said...

What a cutie pie! That 1st picture looks just like you when you were a baby, Holly!