We took Aiden on his first trip to apple hill today. I wanted all 3 of us to go before it got really busy up there and we really wanted to get out of the house and enjoy the nice weather today. We stopped and got sandwiches and picnic supplies on the way up the hill, so our first stop was lunch at one of the apple ranch's picnic area. It was really nice, we set up our blankets under a tree by a little waterfall and stream. Aiden laid down and smiled up at the trees and sky, he talked to them a little, too.
After lunch we went directly for dessert - apple cider donuts from Rainbow Orchards, I remember going there with my mom and dad for donuts and hot cider when I was little. Then we went on a search for some apples and other goodies. We stopped at a couple more places and bought 2 different kinds of apples and some peaches - we already had a ton of pears from "Walshaw Orchards" ha ha. I plan on making Aiden some food this week with fresh apple hill fruit!
I can't wait until the day we can take Aiden on the train, ride on the ponies, and get his face painted but, until then, it was really nice for us to get out of the house and spend some time together. It was a great way to spend labor day!
1 comment:
So glad you guys had fun!!! Looks like the little man is learning to like the outdoors a little more ;)
Post a Comment