I got some cheap shaving cream and put big blobs on Aiden's little table, added a few cars and let him "play in the snow". This activity kept him entertained for quite a while. After he got bored pushing the cars around he just played in the shaving cream, making circles. I had to clean it up though when he decided to start flinging the shaving cream up the walls. Oh well, the nice thing about the shaving cream is that it is clean ;)
Aiden colored on our sliding glass door with window crayons, and got crayon all over his face ;) I let him paint inside by putting squirts of different colors into a zip lock bag and sealed it, so he could squish the colors around and "paint" without it getting all over the house.
We made chocolate chip cookies, Aiden likes to count as I add in the eggs and then he helps add the flour and does the chocolate chips all on his own. Then we cuddled on the couch with some milk and cookies and watched his favorite movie, Winnie the Pooh.
One day at Whole Foods, Aiden insisted on getting a pack of all natural, healthier M&M style candy, and of course he ate one and decided he wanted nothing to do with the rest of the pack. So, one day I got them out and we did M&M counting (I drew numbers in circles and he put that number of M&M's into them, he got to 5 on his own and then needed some help after that), made face pictures (I did the smile and he added the eyes, nose and ears) and color identification with them.
We made homemade vanilla scented play-dough that turned out awesome since I can't stand the way store bought play-dough smells or feels! Aiden liked the homemade kind better, too, he played with it much more than he ever does the store bought stuff. We kept half the batch and gave away the other half as part of Addison and Ryan's birthday gift.
Any of you momma's out there have some good activities to share that your kiddos like doing indoors?
1 comment:
Such great ideas Holly! You are such a good Momma :)
Post a Comment