Wednesday, July 18, 2012

A little trip to the lake

Aiden and I escaped the 108 degree heat last week while daddy was at work and took a little mini-vacation up to Lake Tahoe to stay with my parents and grandma at the cabin. We had a good time - we got to be lazy and eat a lot and go to the beach. It was great to get out of the valley heat and be able to spend some time outdoors for a change. We came back into town right when it cooled back down - perfect!

We spent a windy day at the beach with Nana and Aunt Sara and the boys who came up for the day - we even caught up with Aunt Lisa and Uncle Chris and the twins who were also up there for a few days.

A little duck family joined us at the beach, they were pretty brave and came right up to our blankets. Aiden was so excited about the ducks he gave me unsolicited kisses!

 
Aiden enjoyed the view of the "tall trees" and just loved our little ducky friends at the lake...

 Me and Sara got to hang out a little bit (in between chasing, corralling and playing with kiddos), and I got a picture of both my babies at the beach - 30 weeks - woo hoo!

Aiden played in the sand and got in the water with me - he loved splashing in the waves, Sara and Chase built a sandcastle.

Aunt Lisa and the twins hung out in the water with us, Aiden was so happy to get his wish to "see Ryan and Chase" at the same time (he has been asking for weeks to see those two together)!

 
 My parents even watched all 4 boys so that Sara and I could go out to dinner with Grandma Marlys, who treated us to a fabulous dinner on the lake. I love taking pictures of my food - seared scallops with crab risotto, green beans and meyer lemon sauce at Riva Grill. Yum.

 Sara gets a fancy adult beverage complete with umbrella and I get...lemonade. Oh well, it's worth it - but i do miss my champagne ;) It was great to get out with Grandma for a couple hours and you just can't beat eating outside on the lake watching the boats come and go.

Of course there was lots of hanging out on the deck at the cabin, chatting, falling asleep on Nana (Aiden, not me...haha) and lots of good food! I only have biscuits and gravy for breakfast at the cabin - it's my favorite - why don't I make it at home?!?!?!

We had a  great couple days and daddy got some quiet time to finish up some nursery related projects, which I hope to post about soon  :)

2 comments:

Kimberly said...

Sounds awesome Holly!!!! So glad you got to get away. I am hoping to get up to Tahoe this summer too. :)

Lisa said...

Your food from Riva looks sooooo good! I knew we should have gone there. Instead, we were so tired that we just ate at the hotel and the food was terrible. Next time we are so going to Riva!