Tuesday, June 26, 2012

27 weeks




saw this Q&A on another blog and thought it looked like a good idea...
 
How far along: 27 weeks

Baby's size: almost 2 pounds, the size of a large head of cauliflower and about 14 1/2 inches long - according to the baby sites.
 
Sleep: waking up about every 1 1/2 to 2 hours, but still being able to get comfy with my big ole body pillow. The dog and a certain little boy's feet make it harder to sleep though the night.

Food cravings: veggie sandwiches with cream cheese, coffee yogurt, watermelon, lemon bars, and cookies of any kind.

Food aversions: pizza and taco bell. Any guesses as to why?

Maternity Clothes: lots of tank tops and maxi skirts and dresses. Ordered a cute dress for my baby shower this week online :)
 
How I'm feeling: tired, but good. Not so happy that I appear to have caught my 6th cold of this pregnancy. My immune system is just shot!

Doctor’s Appointment: next week. This week I am scheduled to take the dreaded 2 hour glucose tolerance test...boo.

Movement: much more the last couple weeks, still feel her mostly lower on my sides, but I get an occasional kick higher near my stomach. My placenta is front and center so it makes it harder to feel her.

Best moment of the week: Aiden wanting to look at the ultrasound picture on the fridge and saying "baby sister", then pointing out all her body parts - baby belly, head, nose, mouth. Too cute. 

What I’m looking forward to: how big my belly will be at 32, 34 and 36 weeks ;)
 
Thoughts of the week: It's a really weird feeling knowing that I am now at the same point in my pregnancy that I had Aiden at - he was born at 27 weeks and 1 day. I still remember all the rate of survival for each week of pregnancy. It's weird to know exactly what a 27 week old baby looks like. For fun I broke out one of my only 2 "bump" pictures I have from my pregnancy with Aiden to compare - what a difference! The picture on the left was taken in the hospital pregnant with Aiden at 26 weeks and 4 days (see the teeny, tiny bump!), and picture on the right was taken at 26 weeks and 4 days with our baby girl!


And lastly, this is an outtake of my 27 week belly photo - Sophie jumped up on the couch and sat down right as the camera clicked. Guess she needed a stunning photo of herself to email to all her online doggy boyfriends.

1 comment:

Kimberly said...

Cute Holly....
I get a little sad knowing that I won't be pregnant ever again...since Brian was "fixed." :)
Enjoy every moment :)