Even carb-a-holic Jeremy, after looking sadly at dinner and asking if there was tortillas or something to go with it, liked it. His exact words were "Wow, this is actually really good". And it was filling. I changed the original recipe up, because I didn't have some of the ingredients, I hate measuring, didn't want to take time to actually grill corn myself and also, I am not a HUGE cilantro person. So here is my version - but definitely check out the original also.
Avocado and Grilled Corn Salad with Cilantro Vinaigrette
1/2 bag of Trader Joe's Frozen Fire Roasted Corn
2 Avocados, diced and sprinkled with lemon juice (keeps em' green)
1 pint Cherry or Grape Tomatoes, cut in half
1/2 Small red onion, finely diced
1 cup Crumbled Goat Cheese
1 English cucumber, skin on and diced
1 tbls. Fresh cilantro, chopped
Add all ingredients to a large bowl and refrigerate while you make the dressing:
5 tbls. Olive oil
2 tbls. Rice wine vinegar1/2 tsp. Garlic powder
3/4 tsp. Salt
Lots of fresh ground pepper
Add all of the above ingredients in a canning jar and shake well. When ready to serve, toss dressing with the salad. Divide into bowls and top each bowl with sliced grilled chicken (all I did was salt and pepper a couple chicken breasts and throw em' on the BBQ for a few minutes). So easy, and so good! Tastes particularly good paired with iced tea and eaten outdoors ;)
1 comment:
Can't wait to make this.
Post a Comment