Saturday, August 14, 2010

The Sippy Cup Saga

I just want to share my failed attempts to get rid of the bottle and get my child to drink from a cup. Any cup. A sippy cup. A straw cup. A coffee cup. Whatever. I just don't want him to be drinking from bottles anymore.

I have tried water. Juice. Milk. Vanilla Protein shakes. Smoothies. Yogurt thinned with water. Fruit nectar. Juice boxes (maybe would like the novelty of the little carton and tiny straw?!?!). None of it appeals to him.

I have been patient. I have tried just being happy that after struggling to get him to drink from a bottle for the first few months of his life that he drinks from one now with such great enjoyment. I have tried every sippy cup on the market. I have proof.

There are more. This is just what I could find quickly.

I have taken to putting various types of sippy cups in places that Aiden will find them, where he plays so that he associates them with fun. Like here.


And here.

and even here.

On the rare occasion that he actually puts one in his mouth, I clap, I cheer, I jump up and down - I make a such a big fuss, you would think he just scored the winning touchdown at the superbowl! And all I get is this look....

The "And what is it that you want me to do with that thing, mom???" look.

Help me. What do I do next? I need ideas before I spend all Aiden's college fund on sippy cups and straws!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

Given his genes, I'm going to throw this out there: Maybe if you put his water/juice in a beer bottle.......

Sara said...

LMAO- Lisa!

I dunno.. but you have some cute cups!

Robyn said...

Too funny!!!!

Lindsey said...

Holly this is Lindsey Moskal. Lydia never used a sippy cup until she saw another baby use one around the same age as her. That is the trick and it was one with a straw. She didn't use the other kind until leter. Here is a link to the kind she used for a long time....http://www.toysrus.com/product/index.jsp?productId=3393934....hope this helps! He is smart he will get it!!