
Saturday was my sister in law Lisa's baby shower. She (ok - and Chris, too) is giving Aiden twin cousins this summer - a little boy and a little girl. Lisa is more than my sister in law, she is my best friend and I got the privilege of throwing her shower. She has the biggest heart and is one of the best people that I know. She has always been one of my (and Aiden's) biggest cheerleaders. When I was pregnant and in the hospital, she ran all over town getting me various types of mashed potatoes and gravy and specific flavors of jolly ranchers. She is awesome and will make a fantastic mother to these 2 lucky little babies!

People starting to arrive - it was the hottest day of the year so far, so the umbrellas and tent provided some shade, but Lisa had wonderful guests who put up with the heat ;)

A boy table - there were 2 boy tables and 2 girl tables

The boy place setting - blue plates with nest favors with blue speckled jordan almond "eggs" and a little bird that said "thank you for coming"

One of the girl tables, I painted clay puts and decorated them with ribbon and put a plant in each one. At the end of the shower the plants were given away as some of the prizes.

The girl place setting - when I saw the swirly straws online in pink and blue I had to get them and of course had to rim the cups with matching colored sugar :)

The food and gift tables

Up close of the food - I had fabulous helpers who made the salads and I made some finger sandwiches. A big thank you to my fabulous helpers!

The cake - a blue layer for the boy and a pink layer for the girl - inside was vanilla cake with raspberries and chocolate swirl cake with chocolate mousse. Yummy!

The tent and umbrella decorations - flag banners and some flying birds

The invitation and a memory frame with ultrasound pictures of the babies

Rachel, Kim and little Sydney trying to stay in the shade

Me, Lisa and Tamara

The momma to be and her momma, the grandma to be :)

We played several games, but my favorite was the ice cube babies - all the guests got an ice cube with 2 babies frozen inside, the first one to "deliver" the babies won. They had to be totally free from the ice without breaking it. The heat helped during this game and it cooled everyone off a bit!

The winning babies - if you look close one has a pink diaper and one has a blue diaper :)

Her mom made her two beautiful crochet blankets - I love the ruffled edge!

She got several homemade blankets - these were from me ;)

The momma and daddy to be in the nursery in progress with all their loot!
Congratulations Chris and Lisa! I can't wait to meet your precious babies!
3 comments:
It was a perfect shower and we all can't wait to meet the lucky little ones!
Why did you have to go and make the pregnant woman cry? It's 6:00 a.m. for crying out loud! No, seriously, you totally outdid yourself and I appreciate it more than you will ever know.
I was a lovely shower indeed! You did a wonderful job Holly. Congrats again to Chris & Lisa and we cannot wait until we meet the twins.
Post a Comment