Aiden has done very well the last couple of days.
His "plumbing" seems to be functioning well,I got to change my 1st poopy diaper today. I think I did pretty well for a rookie. He is still on TPN/Lipids however they are beginning to bottle feed him some pedialyte. The nurses seem pleased with his ability to bottle feed. Hopefully his days of "constant feeds" with the feeding tube are over or at least limited. It is possible that on Wednesday he will be fed milk again. We think Aiden prefers the milk over the flavorless pedialyte.
He has been doing well on the nasal cannula on 2 liters @ 22-24% oxygen.
FYI, 21% oxygen is what we all normally breath. The last couple of weeks Aiden seemed to be stuck at 2 liters @ 30-35% oxygen. The fact that he is doing so well after his surgery is very exciting for us.
Also, the incision from the surgery is healing very quickly. In a couple days all of the steri-strips used to close the skin will have fallen off and it will be hard to tell he even had a surgery.
We are so proud of our strong boy
Tuesday, March 10, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I am SO glad to hear he is doing so well. I will be thinking positive for his surgery tomorrow. Hopefully he recovers quickly from that one too and you can take him home in a few weeks. Stay strong you two. It's almost over!
Such good news! We are so proud of our little man!! And his parents also. Love you guys!
Post a Comment