
Look at his hand - he is trying to help (or trying to get daddy to stop...ha ha)
The little white board on his hand is keeping his IV in place, he is on day 5 of 10 of some powerful antibiotics to get rid of the drug resistant bacteria that they found last week. His blood work all came back fine and the bacteria is just in his urine, so he has a urinary tract infection. Which I guess is better than in the blood! The poor guy HATES having that board on his hand since he loves to put his hands in his mouth. He also has a hard time getting comfy while kangaroo-ing with that thing on. He can't have his surgery until his infection is completely gone, which I understand, but am so tired of hearing the doctors say "hopefully next week". I want our little one to be on the road to recovery, the road home :)
He is 4 lbs. 4 oz. now, he is filling out more everyday. They are still watching his feedings and output very carefully and are adding "microlipids" to his milk to further fatten him up. I am still doing recreational breastfeeding with him and the other day I think he got quite a bit of milk, I was impressed that he was sucking, swallowing and breathing so well. Preemies have a hard time with that. Afterwards he let out a giant burp! Hopefully it is getting him geared up to bottle feed (after his surgery) and he can stop being fed by tube.
It's been a tough week with lots of testing for Aiden because of his infection and the nurses and doctors thought he might have developed a heart issue, but after several tests they determined there was nothing. It gave mom and dad something to worry about for a couple days though! Momma's had her own health scare this week, too - so we are hoping for a quiet week to come!
3 comments:
We never like to read "health scare" :( Take care, get rest and many good health hugs to you and Aiden!
He is sooo cute!!! I love his little bath pics. We can't wait for him to come home. I know it is tough for you guys but keep on hanging in there! You are all doing a great job! Love you guys :)
Awww.. so glad to see new pics! He is adorable!! It will all get better soon, and you have a shower to look forward to this week, lady! You will be the hottest baby shower-ee I have ever seen!
Post a Comment